Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bother!

Does this week's banner not make sense to you? Check out Neil Cicierega's "Potter Puppet Pals". I stumbled on to this last week and, well, I can't get it out of my brain.
Neil's name might ring a bell...he's the guy behind that "Ultimate Showdown" song that haunts my nightmares with lyrics about Chuck Norris and his mighty thighs. You can find his music by clicking here. If you haven't seen "The Ultimate Showdown" I suggest starting right there.

On the comic this week: Just to prove I do have limits, I almost didn't post the comic currently up on the site. Here's the same joke in a more....conservative form. When I came up with the line I loved the joke but, well, didn't know if actually illustrating the birth was going too far. From the looks of the comic on the site, I decided to go for it anyway. View the "Family Friendly" version by clicking on the word....um.... uterus. Not as funny but proof that I try to worry about this stuff. Try. Sometimes.

Oh and dear God, it feels good to be writing regularly again.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
-jared

PS: Dear Lord, why do I want to call the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie cool? What's wrong with me?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The answer: Because TMNT was the first Toy/Movie/Cartoon phenomenon I really got into. I was too young to really get into Transformers and He-man. Sure, I had the toys but my first kid obsession involved ninjas, turtles, and lots of cowabunga. Shameful, I know.
I still have to confess the new movie doesn't suck. In fact, it's got a pretty unique narrative structure. By "unique" I mean for a movie that's sort of reaching a new generation it totally just ASSUMES you know the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and deals with the meta-plot that the fans (ex-fans) loathe. Mike is no longer a tard. Well he is, but they only put him in the movie for like, 3 seconds. Most of the movie is about Raphael, the goth emo turtle that wants to be Batman. Damn it. Don't make me review Ninja Turtles. It'll only hurt everyone involved. But looking at it now, it'd just be so freaking easy. :sigh:
Curse you childhood. I'll have my revenge some day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bitsmix said...

I think you're thinking of the ultimate ORGY, the spinoff of the Ultimate Showdown -- two billion times more frightening. It's the sort of thing you never want to see again once you've watched it the first time, but you absolutely MUST rope all of your friends into viewing it.

Glad again you liked that little video clip, btw :).



Happy day you're back and writing!!! Boy, we missed you.


<3
Bitsmix

6:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Dear GOD, why did I look?

And Dear GOD why was it so well made?
:shudder:

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I here Neil's name, I think of his strange Gilliamesque animutations.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once I understood the obscure internet reference on your site BEFORE clicking on the blog. Hooray.
Also, the new TMNT movie rocked, only because Sarah Michelle Gellar was in it. And I can say that without having seen the movie.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Scarecrow said...

0_o...wow...

I liked the Potter Puppet Pals!

Maybe you should review the HP saga, Jared, eh?!

As for TMNT... I prefer the ol' foam rubber suits.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home