Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Always with you.....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What’s interesting about the internet is how timeless it is sometimes. Well, that’s not completely true. What I sort of mean to say is how a site that some guy put up almost a decade ago is still up and what you find isn’t always exactly “new.” If you’ve ever been a forum whore (or just hang out on a forum casually), then you know what I’m talking about. You find something funny as hell, you post it, and about three responses later someone posts that they saw that years ago and you’re just posting old crap that everybody’s already seen. The Internet is HUGE. Unless you’re really hunting 25 hours a day, there’s no way you’ll find or be exposed to everything out there. There are still people who don’t know what yiffing is and folks who really don’t understand why “All Your Base Are Belong To Us.” And yes, believe it or not, there are people who don’t know who Strong Bad is. I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing, really.
I guess my point is that the digital population is always changing and there’s no way to cover it all. Old stuff gets forgotten. Hell, I remember the Night of Terror when the “Hamster Dance” rampaged across the populace. But I digress.
Here’s an old thing that was highlighted by Cruel.com a very long time ago that I’ll share for the sake of the two people who weren’t total webheads four years ago. This guy decided that God called him to draw how Jesus watches over people in their everyday lives. So he made a series (and is still making, actually) of drawings depicting various folks doing their job while Jesus lurked over their shoulder. All in all, it’s pretty creepy.
Check it out here: http://members.aol.com/JesusImages/

Apparently I wasn’t the only one who found it creepy, as some random guy decided to put “captions” to the various pictures. They’re sort of funny and can be found here: http://www.sortakinda.com/look/withyoualways.shtml

The most interesting thing here is how, years ago, I thought that was the funniest thing I’d ever seen. Now….meh. But that’s the value of the Internet in a way. You can see the things that you used be obsessed about and check them out as your present self. Hell, even looking at my old posts in forgotten forums is sort of telling.

There’s an interesting accountability to what you post and say online, because there’s always a huge chance that it’ll stick around long enough for you to change your mind. Hell, it totally freaks me out all the absurd crap I was posting online back in 2001.
It’s always surreal to find out you were a complete ass. Even worse is realizing that five years from now you might be think the same about what you post today. On that note:
Dear Jared of the Future, I’m so sorry that I suck. With any luck, your Japanese sex android can help you forget what a total douche you were back in 2005. See you later,
jared

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Have you seen the "Jesus is my coach" statues? Equally creepy.

I just found your site via your Opera reviews and artwork. You are hilarious! My sister is leaving next week for an opera audition tour of Germany and Austria - I am going to send her to your site for a laugh. Cheers!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home