Friday, May 18, 2007

Wikipedia...Oh No!

Not to name any names, but a person I know online that does a webcomic wrote me an email that I could only describe as an attempt at a rally cry to unite all webcomic guys against wikipedia. I've always joked about how I thought it was TOTALLY bizarre that someone would put me in wikipedia. It was done a LONG time ago, well before the site had any decent-sized audience. ( I don't know what decent-sized is for a website, but we're going to break 4 million unique visitors by the end of the month.) The point of the email was that Wikipedia is removing all sorts of webcomic-type entries from their encyclopedia....and I got the axe. I'm not sure what the reason was (as sheer number of traffic USED to be a factor on what stayed on Wiki) but I'm cool with it.
While this does make me a little sad, it's not a big deal....seriously. I'm posting about it because I want it to be known...I really don't care. I'm not comfortable with someone posting a summary of my LIFE on one page anyway. My existence should NOT fit into only 4 paragraphs.
-jared
"who secretly cries inside because wikipedia won't love him like she used to"

Edit: On a side note, I dyed my hair blue this weekend. I'm officially no longer presentable for normal employment.
Yay.

11 Comments:

Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I know that Wikipedia dumped you, but it's ok, Jared... There's always her slutty sister, Uncyclopedia, to rebound on!!!

You should post a picture of your blue hair... I'll bet it's nifty!

I tried to dye my hair blue once... It turned green...which is actually not that bad, once you think about it.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Lady Attercop said...

What? NO! Not my wiki article! Damn you wiki! Wait. I never had a wiki article. In that case, damn you obscurity!

(Oh, and damn you and your unnatural hair while I'm at it. No, I'm not jealous or bitter. Why would I be?)

Incidentally, 4 million unique hits? You internet stud, you!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Bitsmix said...

We wanna see the hair :D.

And I'm sad that you got dumped by Wiki. But it's ok, she's full of spam-STDs anyways.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah fuck the wiki it has so many wrong things on it and fucking show of your hair and you site rocks my soxs

11:56 PM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

OMG I READ YOUR BLOG EVERY DAY AND IM A HUGE FAN AND I LOVE YOU JARED OMG.

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can say i eat foetuses in in sign leaguge

2:23 AM  
Blogger St. Jimmy said...

Dude! Dying one's hair blue is awesome. I had blue hair, but then dyed it black. (I visit the site, that's why I'm here)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Collin said...

If you cared you could start your OWN Wikipedia and show them. With blackjack. And hookers.

Sorry. Watched Futurama last night.

That's awesome about the blue hair. The most I've ever done was henna my hair so it looked as red as it did when I was a kid.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly wiki, it doesn't know what's good for them.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Who said?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared
Yeah it might be a little general...

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you are a big tree, we are a small axe...

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home