Monday, August 10, 2009

Vaction Begins: Geneva Convention!

Fun Fact I'm surprised not every geek knows: GenCon is actually named "Geneva Convention" because the original was held by Gary Gygax in a house on Lake Geneva. I still think calling it the Geneva Convention would be cooler than GenCon, but apparently the "War Treaties of World History" commission would sue the pants off everyone. Go figure. Still, Geneva Convention, here I come.

Not much else to say, guys. In a number of hours I'll be flying to the states to enjoy the luxuries that are all things GenCon. I plan on posting in the Blog a few times while I'm away...some fun stuff is planned. One of my GenCon days I'll be doing an hourly comic since I haven't done those in forever and it should be educational.

One thing I'll be doing at GenCon that I'm stupid excited about: Morton's List. If you don't know what this is, you need to fix it. Even worse: If you find me at GenCon and challenge me to a game of Morton's List, I'm honor-bound to play with you then and there, for better or for worse. You were warned.

By the by, if you're going to GenCon and want to hunt me down, look for the goofy tall guy with the Blonde and Blue hair, boots, and a goofy "My Art is What Brought me here, how cool is that" expression on his face. Even if GenCon blows donkey, this is a great vacation already.
Life. Is. Good.
-Jared

4 Comments:

Blogger Hawk said...

Have fun over here in America!

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Matthias said...

Hey man...will be fun to read about the GenCon expierience and some horrible Minis-Doom...so have a nice vacation :-D,

Matthias

11:28 PM  
Anonymous thekidxii said...

have fun you bastard (the "lucky" is silent)
-kid

4:22 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

I hope you have a fantastic time! Also, when you get a chance you might want to take a look at this site: http://www.thegamecrafter.com/

I've fallen way out of touch and haven't been keeping up with what you've been doing for awhile now, but I do know you were working on a board game at one time, and this may be one way to get a version of it out there. I'm working on a couple myself.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home