Friday, September 02, 2005

New Orleans Goth Drama....

Notice: Jared apologizies to all that are about to be offended and swears he's not a completely horrible person. Somehow.
To be honest, I'm so torn as to whether I should post this or not. It's got a lot to do with me making light of horrible horrible things as a way of dealing with them.
I probably shouldn't because I have the sneaking suspicion that the news coverage of the whole thing is probably infinitely more morbid and intense in America right now than the news I'm getting online these days. That said, I think I HAVE to post this or I'll regret it later.
Part of my running this site is posting almost everything that I doodle, so that at least SOMEONE is entertained by at least a part of it. With that in mind, I'm about to post something that will piss off some, but I'm sure at least one person out there will get a really morbid kick out of it.
For better or for worse, here it is:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Don't completely hate me. I doodled this and my friends pressured me into posting it. Blame THEM.
Here's my logic. I don't know a lot about New Orleans. I do know that a big part of the city's been inherently flawed for a very long time by being built below sea level...but that's always been dealt with, despite the obvious. I DO know that New Orleans is one of the Goth capitals of the United States. Maybe it's been glamorized by Anne Rice & Poppy Z. Brite, but in all my experience the most legitimate examples of "Goth Culture" are found in the American South...don't ask me why. I lost all faith in the New York goth scene when I kept hearing the Star Wars techno remix every time I went to the club. I digress. Point is, New Orleans has a huge goth scene and, well, yeah. There's a joke in there somewhere. It's a terrible joke. But it's there.
That said, I really hope that if you're from New Orleans, you're doing well....and Aunt Melanie: We still haven't heard from you and hope you're doing OK. Really.
-jared
"who is going to hell"

9 Comments:

Blogger Jared said...

Ummmm...that's why I don't post on other people's blogs?
-jared

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger posts from hurricane zone
Barnett's blog offered dramatic photos of a fire in downtown New Orleans on Friday.
Hey I was just blogg surfing and I found you. Great blogg, keep it up. If you are interested in Make money fat go visit, it is the best stuff I have seen on the net

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant as always Count Von Hindman. I find it in delightfully poor taste. Wunderbar. And it IS funny as hell.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful man. Just simply wonderful.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhm, Hi Jared..
It's me Than.
Well, i don't think it is so bad, still you should link to some helping organisations when you post this...
It IS funny.
Well i am watching yer site from times to times.
It is kinda cool.
By the way; i live in Berlin too.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared, you know how I feel about your stuff.

Let the strangers wonder.

-Seth (w_nightshade)

1:40 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hey big bro! Aunt Melanie is alive and doing well. :) Her house is still standing...and looks like the flood waters on her street have gone down. She is in Tennessee for the time-being.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As terrible as the whole fucking thing is - I can't even begin to fucking start at how fucked the whole situation is, and how it's being portrayed here in the states - I also can't help but think about Sam Kinison's old routine about people starving in Ethiopia;

"Of course there's famine! You live in the fucking desert!! MOVE!!"

As if there was any doubt, I'm SO going to Hell.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home