Thursday, November 17, 2005

Art Crash, anyone?

I'm only posting this right now to keep myself accountable, but here's the story:

About a month ago, I was asked by a few people who play Kingdom of Loathing if I would draw their clan. I said sure, as long as there weren't too many people in the clan. Then I found out that there were over 50 people involved. Gah. AND they wanted a portrait of all of their characters together.
But I didn't back away. I didn't really have any ideas but I didn't run away.
:end backstory:

So today I was on the train looking at the 53 character descriptions and inspiration struck. Struck might be too mild a term. When the Muse was done raping me, I had a great idea: Turn their clan into a card game.
And then the 2nd inspiration struck. Why not do it all tonight?
So right now I'm illustrating 50+ characters on cards using a gaming system that I also came to me on the train. Yes, I'm a geek, but this is an interesting experiment nevertheless. No sleep until I get all of them painted.
God I'm excited.
-jared
"who knows he types like a psycho when he's in hardcore "Art Mode" and apologizes for it"

2 Comments:

Blogger Lierne said...

Good luck!

It took me, like, a month to do the clan pic of Warehouse 23 I once did.

There were only 30 or so members too.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

lierne: Nice job. How come there's never a clan of, say, one or two?

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home