Monday, September 26, 2005

Comic Correction: Corpse Bride

As a few of you might know, I posted the following cartoon on the website a little over a month ago:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
While I think most of you got the joke, a few people were quick to complain/correct me. These, shall we say...vocal few, wanted to make sure that I knew that "The Corpse Bride" was a classic Russian folktale and that Tim Burton didn't come up with it at all. So I got a few angry emails making sure that I knew that I'd made a mistake and that Mr. Burton shouldn't be given credit falsely. As such, for the sake of diplomacy, I would like to resubmit my former cartoon as I have redrawn it to be 100% more accurate and to please the people who were concerned about Russians not getting acknowledged. Enjoy:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Don't blame me. All I did was make it more accurate, according to the literature major who has a deep love and respect for Russian folklore, and wanted to make sure it got the credit it deserved. I hope they're happy.
-jared

1 Comments:

Blogger Totsie said...

Ha! Fantastic fantastic.
I've just popped into your blog after looking at your artwork and my above praise applies to that as well, fantastic.

I've been doodling since I was a wee gal myself, taking inspiration from Edward Gorey and Richard Condie (of National Film Board fame) and a host of other unusuals. My trademark doodle is a daisy with scary teeth, and as you are so obviously aware, scary teeth are the shit.

So, love your work and look forward to more.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home