Thursday, September 22, 2005

Random Ego Boost.....

I'm not sure how to address this, but apparently the random comics I did for the Katrina Telethon made an impression on some people. Being one of the few participants mentioned out of the hundreds of people who took part is more than flattering. The guys behind Digital Strips mention me by name (you have no idea how weird it is to hear total strangers saying your name) and Brad Guigar himself mentions me again later in the interview. All in all it's a nice ego boost...considering how I'm positively tech-stupid and web design-poor. I guess just being funny sometimes is worth something. Maybe. I don't know. I DO know I don't take compliments well. I think it has something to do with balancing the whole "OMG this makes me feel really great" with "tooting your own horn far too loudly." Stupid internet and its lack of tone.
Either way, check out their Telethon Wrap-up show here:
I will say that it's totally awesome to actually hear people laughing at your comics. Go Podcasting.
-jared
"who thinks he might try too hard to not seem like a dick to compensate for the sheer volume of complete bastards he sees on the Internet."
Edit Update:
The Webcomic Hurricane Relief Telethon BOOK finally became available for sale today. It's kind of subtle but if you look closely enouch, you should be able to sort of spot my stuff on the Book's cover. Again, sort of flattering....I'm just glad the telethon went well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow....front cover, eh? Nice job.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home