Friday, November 11, 2005

Head Injury Theater and Gaming....

If anyone out there is tech-smart and would like to suggest a way to capture images from my television, I would be forever in their debt. I raise the plea because there are just some things I'd love to review, but right now the "taking picture of the television screen" technique sucks on toast. Also if you like the reviews on the site, and you like gaming.....with your help the two could combine in horrid splendor. B-movies are one thing...but you have no idea how long I've been yearning to document and mock the crap that's thrown at us in video games. I'm not terribly geeky, but that doesn't mean I don't want to expose you to stuff like this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
In most RPG's, there are all sorts of "status ailments" that can get you down. Poison, Petrify, slow, even "turned into a frog" are all relatively common. I'd like to thank Square-Enix for adding "HOLY CRAP MY ASS IS ON FIRE" as one of the new cutting edge ailments for you to enjoy in one of their latest games, Radiata Stories. Ass. on. Fire. Awesome.
Oh and if you were curious, the cure to "ASS ON FIRE" is the item: Cooling Spray (for your ass).
Well, I'm off. If any of you want to suggest a method to or tell me what I need to get good images off my Playstation 2 or just my television, I'd love to hear it.
-jared

3 Comments:

Blogger Collin said...

The only way that I can think of is for you to pick up a TV card for your computer that allows analog input. Then you could take screenshots directly on your computer. No idea what it would cost though. I'm on a mac and the Alchemy card that I got cost $125 and I'm not even that happy with it.

Do you get "ASS ON FIRE" from eating burritos? In game that is.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Warx said...

You could pause the game during an action-packed sequence and, using great detail, draw it. I'm sure nobody would notice.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

i've looked into this as well, and i think i remember finding capture cards for around 80 bucks...

you do need one though. that's no lie.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home