Sunday, November 20, 2005

Now is the time. Seriously.

(I don't even know if I should even be writing this post....I hate it when websites mention money/technical problems. If you're like me, please ignore the following sad story of Doom and a burning computer)
I'm admittedly tech-stupid, so I'll describe what happened as I understand it. On Friday, my computer stopped working. It just froze up. Over the course of the weekend, my older woman (who used to work in Tech Support, thank GOD) did her best. Sadly, a overheated motherboard and a botched re-installation (as per Microsoft's instructions) led to my machine officially going off to Computer Heaven where it can play with my old 386.
It looks like I lost a lot of stuff, as my hard drive was either erased or fused into an unreadable block of carbon. That includes articles, images, and paintings that were going to go up. Totally blows. Right now I'm writing to you via my old, old, OLD computer. While it does have Frontpage and lets me get on the Internet, it doesn't understand what a scanner is.....or any bit of technology invented or made after 1998. So it's totally useless for scanning any of the piles of Art I have lying all over the place. So the solution seems to be I need to get a new computer. Considering how bad my old one was getting, that's not a terrible thing. I just wish it'd died when we had the money to replace it. Until that happens, I'm not sure how I'm going to get back to updating the site regularly.
A few friends have suggested me putting up a donate button...and while I decide how I feel about that I will say this:
I don't want your charity, at least, not now. In fact, websites that regularly ask for your money bug me. But the thought of not being able to do what I've been doing with the site for the past year bugs me more. So again: If you were waiting to buy a painting or want to buy a painting, NOW is the time to do so. Seriously. If you like anything on the website just email me at OhgodtheRats@aol.com with an offer. If it hasn't sold already, it's your's.
:end public service announcement:
Nothing quite ruins your weekend like noticing that your computer is spewing smoke across the living room. Gah.
-jared
"who promises to be in a better mood the next time he posts something and apologizes for being dramatic but, well, hates the idea of Head Injury Theater going on hiatus due to a GOD-DAMN technical issue"
(PS: If you were one of the people that were already trying to buy a painting, please email me again as, since my computer died, I lost all my email addresses.)

3 Comments:

Blogger will said...

Wow. That really sucks. A lot.

Get a deal going with a company.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

Damn. I really wish I was in a position to help you since there are at least two paintings that I know I want to buy, but I'm going to be strapped for cash until mid February.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

Don't sweat it. I feel like a total TOOL for mentioning money on the site at all, but I figured now was the time, if ever. And I completely know what it feels like to be strapped for cash.
Still, near poverty inspires creativity. You can't imagine the kind of weird voodoo and running around I had to do today just so that there's an update this week. Voodoo, I tell you.
-jared

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home