Friday, February 24, 2006

Day 10 & 11: Yes, I'm still painting.

Well, hour 214 has come and gone...and 300 hours is getting closer. I'm about 2 paintings behind at this very second but that's nothing, all things considered. I'm slowly scanning in everything but it'll take a WHILE to get everything up because I still need to go back and tell a few stories. Tonight was also "paint while drunk" night thanks to the help of a few friends that came over. Well, there might be more than one of them but that's just a theory at this point in time. Instead of my typing something I'll regret later, I'll just give you your daily taste of a random completed
painting.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Enjoy your weekend guys (and girls).
-jared

Edit: To answer your question, yes I painted that tonight. Gah.

Day 11 Edit:

Just wanted to let you guys know that I wasn't running on silent just yet. Since the Crash was SUPPOSED to be over, I've had to clean up my flat for the party that's happening tonight...and shelf all the finished and unfinished work. (Yes, my studio is my living room. Shut it.) I'm caught up and I'll definitely have this finished in time....but tonight I'm enjoying myself with some friends. Of course my friends seem surprised I'm not completely burnt out yet...which is a pretty good compliment if you think about it. Well, maybe not...but it pointed out that, for whatever reason, I've still got a lot of energy. The spooky thing is that is we cut the Art Crash to one painting every two hours I could do this FOREVER. I won't...but it's a weird thing to realize.

Talk to you later, or "catch you on the flipside" if you're a Boondock Saints fan.

-jared

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey how big are these paintings? if i'm gonna buy some i want them to be somewhat noticeable when stuck on my wall...

5:16 AM  
Blogger Jared said...

This morning gave me another reason to be happy that I'm still working on this. Even though I sent out emails to celebrities weeks ago, I JUST got two more responses today. Since the Crash is still going, that's great. So if you were curious what kind of random stuff Joe Bob Briggs and The Brothers Chaps would ask me to paint, that's just the sort of bonus going to 300 rewards us with.

To answer the question:
Most are 8x11 (or close to that) and were done on watercolor or generic art paper. A few (maybe 15 total) exceptions include those that were painted on notebook paper (because I had to get work done on the train) and those that are on smaller pieces of paper. About ten of them are the size of half sheet or are painted on postcard stock.
So the size pretty much varies. Right now I'm just telling the specific info to people who've emailed me about buying one so they know what they're buying. While I probably won't post dimensions on the main page, I will label which ones are teeny tiny (like the Aktivist painting you see above....that was painted on a Postcard).
-jared

6:58 AM  
Blogger Warx said...

Hey, what's your least favorite painting? I'd be more tempted to buy one if I was sure you wouldn't miss it.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jared,

It's Scott from GCJ.

GREAT GREAT work. You are a creative genius, with true energy. You must be feeling like I did after 24 Hour Comics Day... excited about doing all the work and wanting to do more... so much so that YOU ARE!!!

Don't know if are still taking suggestions (have you passed 300 yet?), but I'm curious how your version of THE DOOM PATROL (Cliff, Rebis, and Crazy Jane--Grant Morrison years) would look!

You still have my e-mail address. Let me know if you do it!

--Scott Simmons

12:41 PM  
Blogger Pursey Tuttweiler said...

Jared,
I really like AKTIVIST.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home