Monday, February 20, 2006

Day 6b: Cheating?

Well, I've tested it and, yes indeed, the website's all types of fixed. Tomorrow I'll scan in all this madness and update the site...because I've finally caught up. I feel like I've cheated somehow and I 've sworn off any more paintings like the ones I used to make up for lost time, but well, yeah.
While on my errands today, I got my hands on a bamboo brush and some India Ink. Since this Art Crash is effectively me painting almost 9 months of the site's Art updates, I figured I was due a little experimentation. So I did a bunch of black and white ink jobs. The good news: They're quick, almost viscerally so. The bad news: They're quick, almost cheatingly so. I'm still happy with how they turned out. Here are two of the early ones. After these I got a little more experimental but I think these aren't half bad for never really playing with pure black ink before. God damn it was fun.
Image hosting by Photobucket
And someone requested I paint the Skull Panda from the comic Sam & Fuzzy:
Image hosting by Photobucket
You have no idea how much fun I had tonight screwing around with ink. Hell, new techniques are my candy these days. I hope you at least partially dig the black and white stuff...God knows I'll be doing more of it when this Crash is over.
But like I said, tomorrow will be the day to check back and see a MASSIVE update of all this art that you should have seen days ago. Be warned though: The Big Dose of Robots seemed like a good idea when I was really tired. Now I'm having second thoughts. I swear the next time I do this (and there will be a next time) I'm going to get a little more organized with what I paint and when.
-jared

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really should do more with ink and quill. It looks swell!

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jared... I think the black and white stuff looks really neat. But i think for art crash you should stick to colour, otherwise your just pulling away from what the art is about... rebirthing your joy of painting (with watercolours). so i can't wait to see more of your paintings. Keep on Truckin'

9:46 AM  
Blogger Collin said...

You already know that I like it. I can't wait to see what you do with it when you aren't under a time crunch.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the black and white also...it has "joy of brush". It also plays to your strong graphics. Classy.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it. Throw in one color for some Black +1 madness.

Or something. =P

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home