Monday, February 13, 2006

2 More Days....214 Hours, No more Hype to Give

Image hosting by Photobucket
You know, I'm beginning to think I'm really bad at this whole Website Hype thing. People ask for a banner so they can link to me...I totally forget. I plan this big 214 hour painting marathon and tell, what....a dozen people that probably already read the site....maybe?
Here's the scoop:
Right now I'm trying to figure out a good Webcam set up so that you can literally "watch paint dry." If you want. And if I don't have enough time to scan everything. If I DO end up with enough time, I plan on scanning and posting everything I've painted so far on the site as I can....but that's if I have enough time. Oh and did I mention:
NOW is the time to start sending me your requests.
While you're more than welcome to wait, the big thing that I need for this to work (well) is a LOT of requests. Well, I don't NEED requests, but since that's a big part of this...well, you get the idea. You want to see a picture of Mr. T eating a Velociraptor? Ask away! You want to see what I do with the title "I can do anything with my Dreams"? Now's the time to demand it. You can post your request anywherer in the Blog or, if you'd like others to be totally surprised, you can email me at OhGodtheRats@aol.com. Neat.
I've got a few more surprises for this I'll unveil as the time gets closer and other stuff that I just plain need to sort out. (Like I'm not sure how to deal with people who want to buy something I haven't painted yet.....you guys are freaks...but I love you for it.)
It also just dawned on me that if I did more creative stuff regularly, I wouldn't feel I HAVE to do crazy crap like this to make up for lost time. Then again, I'm curious to see if I can actually do this. I really don't know. We'll see right?
-jared
Update: The WebCam has been sorted out. There will indeed be live footage of paint drying or me painting...I'm not sure which. It really comes down to how long the longest USB cable I can find is. We'll see.
Oh and I also addressed the Hype by mentioning this project on two of the forums I post on these days. I'm not feeling totally webwhorish....not yet.

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

Parental Fornicate! I'll help you out with the hype so it doesn't look like you're a complete whore. And since I'm a sleazebag, I'll hype myself while I'm at it.

Oh. And I want to see George Bush with eight spider arms juggling babies.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

Oh. Dear. Lord.

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/viewtopic.php?t=53220

Gah.
-jared

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"During the summer months, the amateur astronomers harass architects."

I like that sentence and wish to see it in picture form.

Also, "Why Berlin is goddamn strange."

4:32 AM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

Be careful what you wish for...

Don't feel like you need to do every one of these, I'm looking forward to an hourly comic and a ______ is special uh...comic.

And you can change George Bush to Michael Jackson. That would be funnier anyway.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Collin said...

Those are quite some ideas over there at the forum... indeed.

I emailed mine to you.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home