Friday, January 27, 2006

Art Crash 214: It's official.

Hi there.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Here's the deal: I've been hinting at this for a while and been dragging my feet but I'm setting a date and doing another Art Crash. Maybe I'm bored. Maybe I feel I haven't done anything that exciting lately. Maybe I just realized I have too much free time. And, maybe, I'm announcing this far too early. :nervous drum roll:
On February 15th I'm going to start painting like a madman. In the spirit of weird Artistic stamina challenges I'm going to try to produce at least one painting for each hour for the next 214 hours. Of course a little sleeping will happen from time to time, but for the next 9 or so days I will be painting. What will I be painting? I will be painting anything and everything you people suggest (and if no one's suggesting I'll paint whatever comes to mine).
A friend of mine's been bugging me about this and even came up with the idea of setting up a webcam (or even some weird Skype arrangement) so you can see for yourself the chaos or at least the latest painting. So I guess it'll be an interactive Art Crash that should break my spirit...if all goes according to plan.
I'll post more information when the date gets closer but I wanted to warn you people as well as make myself contractually obligated to do this awesome fun thing that fills me with terror.
Mark your calendars. Do it now.
-jared

4 Comments:

Blogger Warx said...

You're fucking crazy.

It's a good fucking crazy though.

Like a compliment fucking crazy.

A crazy fucking compliment.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

I thought of one. A mime parachuting. Without a parachute.

Along with it came a joke. "How do you get a mime to say 'mmmm'?" "I don't know." "Push him off a building."

10:16 AM  
Blogger Collin said...

Well, I'll certainly try to do my part with the suggestions when the time comes. Nine days, huh? Are you going to take a break for iSketch? And why 214 hours?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jared said...

The reason for 214 is a mystery that will be made clear when the time is right.
I promise.
-jared

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home