Monday, January 16, 2006

The Voyage of the Meme....

I have no idea what a meme is nor why it requires me to draw my version of Batgirl, but I'm a sucker who doesn't ask questions when people ask me to draw stuff.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Apparently it's some weird phenomenon (do-do-bee-do-do) band wagon artist thing.
Check it out:
Actually this makes me question whether I should have set this Blog up on LiveJournal or not. LiveJournal has, in the past, been the symbol for everything that I hate about blogging. On the other hand, recently I've learned of a lot of nifty people that are on there and, unlike Blogger, there seems to be much more of a community thing going on.
Bah. Stupid first impressions ruining my ability to enjoy Live Journal. Bah I say.
-jared
PS: I'm hesitant to research exactly what a Meme is because either a) I'll find out it's something retarded that'll send me fleeing or b) it'll be something cool that requires you to draw random things on a regular basis and it'll swallow me whole.
PPS(or is it PSS?): The Isketch party or whatever you want to call it will be happening this Wednesday night again. There should be one on the weekend....but we'll see what people say Wednesday night. I'm going to start posting the Isketch meeting times on the main site in the weekly update section at the bottom of the main page...just so that this blog doesn't turn into a huge OMG I LUV ISKETCH archive, even if that is mostly accurate. Because I do both love and LUV OMG Isketch.org.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meme (rhymes with 'team') is a pretty vague term. As it is commonly used, it means a viral idea, one that is replicated in new hosts by contact with the original and/or another carrier. The term was coined by Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene, to describe a self-propagating unit of cultural information. Religions, for example, are meta-memes, giant conglomerations of ideas and information transmitted through entire populations across millenia. Livejournal quizzes and internet 5p33|<, in fact most transmitted ideas, can be considered as memes with differing levels of virulence.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

Whenever you need to know something, just ask Anonymous. He's smart!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Jared said...

That answer was oddly more profound than the one I was expecting. Thank you, stranger.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

Um. So I created a LJ account today. I don't know how I feel about that.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you bitches suck@youbitchessuck.org

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home