Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Web Flashback: Jesus.com

Don't ask me why I've started revisiting the websites that I used to look and laugh at years ago. It may have something to do with the fact that I've been stuck with having to use my old 486 until my new computer arrived. (I'm typing on it now. It's still buggy, but I'll be up to speed soon.)
Jesus.com. Years ago, if you typed in Www.Jesus.com , you would get this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I only made a mental footnote of it because it amused the crap out of me that a church didn't get it. In case you're not exactly sure of what Jesus.com was, let me break it down for you. Some random hippy that looks a hell of a lot like the traditional Jesus set up a website so you could date and potentially take a romantic bath with him. Seriously. There was (and is) all sorts of information on the site about how wonderful it is to take a shower with the guy (Jesus). Still not convinced?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
See? Awesome.
The sad thing (or maybe the great thing, depending on who you are and how you think) is that Jesus ended up selling Jesus.com to the McChurch (seriously) so it's officially a church site now. Albeit a slightly weird one about transgenderism and Kwanzaa....but a church never the less. Jesus moved his online personal ad here:
www.datejesus.com
Check it out. And don't ask me why 2 of the 3 web flashback posts have to do with Jesus. I don't know either.
-jared

3 Comments:

Blogger Warx said...

You know? Sometimes when I stare at Jesus up on that cross, it's hard not to think that he's sort of hot.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is not mocked please realize that your life is in the hands of a living God that made heaven and earth and one day will judge the world

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is not mocked.please relize that,God who made heaven and earth will one day jugde the world each one to his/her works

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home