Saturday, December 10, 2005

Triple Topic: Tree, Trip, and T-shirt

The new computer is on its way. To everyone out there that helped out (or is still helping) you already know that you rock. In the meantime, let me ramble on about three different topics that have very little to do with one another (and I can't have the "OMG HE PAINTED IN BLOOD!" post sit at the top of the blog).
#1: The Monsterous Christmas Tree (because misspelling words is cute)
If you've been watching the site for a year, then you know what I do to my Christmas tree every year. Actually, now that I think about it, it's impossible for you to have been following the site for a year because it's not a year old until January 1st. Anyway, each year I get all arts and crafty (unlike every other day of my life) and add scary teeth and googly eye to my holiday tree. You can find the old tree in the Holiday section of the Strange Art page, but here's a picture of this year's bad boy:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
If any of you out there are interested in doing something similar and don't realize how retardedly easy it is to make a monster tree, I give you this:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Enjoy your holiday. I have to admit though, if I ever own a house ALL the trees in the front yard will look like this year-round.
Topic 2: Next Thursday I'm going on vacation. That doesn't mean I have money, but my family cashed in some frequent flyer miles and condo points and got us an isolated cabin for a week in Austria. No phone, no internet, and only dog or horse-powered public transporation. If I didn't know better, I'd say this was the cliched plot of some bad horror movie. The bad news is that next week's update will be a couple days later than usual. This is my first warning. I will, however, be updating the site on the 23rd with all sort of Christmas Goodies. Actually I may put them in the next update, but I still need to sort out what's going on. Point is, next week's update's going to be late, but I'll be riding a horse back to civilization as fast as possible. A week without the internet. Why is that scary to me?
Topic 3: HOLY CRAP CAFE PRESS HAS BLACK T-SHIRTS! I don't care that you don't care. The biggest problem with Cafe Press from day one was their lack of black t-shirts. Now's when I confess to having never worn anything from my own store because of this. My manager revamped it a little (as well as finally getting around to telling me about the black t-shirts) but I'm excited because now there's actually stuff in there I'd wear...so I can stop feeling quite so guilty about having streak of capitalism nearby. Oh and if there was something you were waiting to buy, you might want to do it soon. I just noticed that almost ALL of the stuff on Cafe Press right now is OLD....and I'm sort of embarassed that it's still there. That also means that if you wanted to see something on a shirt now's the time to let me know. Now I'll just give you the stupid link:
Because we all know the only good T-shirts are black t-shirts.
Well, I've talked about Christmas Trees, Holiday vacations, and shameless merchandise. I think that pretty much covers the meaning of the season. Enjoy yourselves.
-jared

3 Comments:

Blogger Warx said...

Is it sad that I drown my sorrows in Head Injury Theater along with other comedic websites?

6:41 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

I think that all depends on what you mean by "drown your sorrows." I think Head Injury's pretty keen sometimes, but it's no replacement for hard liquor in times of true despair.
-jared

6:44 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

Have a great trip! Enjoy that whole "nature" stuff. Don't get eaten by a indigenous critter.

I'm excited about the black T's as well, however I haven't taken the time to work out a design that would look good on them yet.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home