Friday, January 06, 2006

Pictionary: The Addiction

Ok, so it's not pictionary, but a friend recently introduced me to what I've come to known as Artistic Crack. I can't stop playing it and even worse: It's actually helping me get better at using my Wacom tablet. Whenever you're learning to do something, I suggest going someplace where, even though you're just a beginner, there are people who do that thing even worse than you. And thus my love of www.isketch.org was born. Isketch is a free internet game that lets you play Pictionary (sort of) with people all over the world. Even better....it's very hard to be a "good" artist when you have 60 seconds to communicate the idea of "light fixtures" without using words. You can even set up private games and I've already enjoyed a few with online friends. If you didn't know this thing was out there and want to see me drawing terrible things as fast as I can (or just love Pictionary but couldn't convince your friends to pull it out of the closet)...now you know and now you can play it whenever you want.
Here's me trying to communicate "Carpenter Ant":
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:sigh:
I'd love to get some of you guys (as I'm well aware there are at least two people who read this regularly who draw better than me) in on a game. So if anyone wants to suggest a specific time....I'm so very very there. Did I mention that this is really addictive? You were warned.
-jared

4 Comments:

Blogger Warx said...

Woot woot! I'm in, fooz!


Please kill me for even thinking in ebonics.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The server is almost always full. Oh bother.


Please kill me for even thinking in A.A.Milebonics.

Actually, for making that joke.

Oh bother.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Collin said...

I would be up for it. Just let me know when you would want to play. It might be better if it could be in the evening for me or else work will likely interrupt.

9:01 AM  
Blogger ghastly 1 said...

Wooohooo! I'm down.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home