Monday, September 11, 2006

Art Crash: Cheater

You know always happens during these things? The first few days are the toughest. I'm not up to speed yet...and by the time that I AM I'm at least a day behind. So every Art Crash features some sneakery of mine where I do a bunch of simple stuff in desperate attempt to catch up. It works and the normal work resumes, but man. Even weirder, the desperate catch-up stuff tends to be the next popular "thing" as you crazies seem to love the stuff that I didn't bleed to create. The ink pieces started as an experiment in speed...same with the rotoscoping. Still...fun to do.
My latest bit of cheatery involves making children's ABC books based off weird themes. I've got a geeky one and a religious one. The religious one is sort of crazy as it's got Elvis, King of Kings in it...and other such notable pseudo-religous celebrities. Enjoy a peak while I run off and get back to work.
(By the way, my scanner is acting up to I had to scan it in a stupid format. I'll post a better image of this when I scan in everything (potentially with a new scanner) sometime next week.)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You don't know how hard it was to not spell closer as "Kloser". Be grateful I resisted.
-jared
Tuesday Edit:
Man, real life is telling me I can't just stay at home and ink all day. That's what I get for not planning ahead. I'm not officially calling an end to the marathon, but I am hinting that this might not be the longest of my marathons. We'll see though.
Yes, I made a "Geek/Roleplaying" themed alphabet. Such a dork, I am.
-jared

3 Comments:

Blogger Collin said...

"...you crazies seem to love the stuff that I didn't bleed to create."

You aren't using your own blood again, are you?

Glad your catching up! Have fun!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Collin said...

In your "Geek Alphabet" I was most surprised to see Paranoia and XXXenophile. Awesome!

Since you tend to sell your Art Crash stuff when it's through, how are you going to handle the alphabets? It would be a shame to bust up the set. Would you consider selling duplicated sets?

7:49 AM  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Surprisingly, I WAS familiar with a lot of the stuff in your alphabet...ack! I'm a NERD!!!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home