Sunday, August 27, 2006

Head Injury Theater: FlashDance

I really need more free time. Last night I decided I would try my hand at a bit of Flash Animation. I'd had it on my computer for some time now and was dreading trying to figure it out.
Stupid me. It turns out Flash is the inbred cousin of all those video editing programs I had to use in film school. So while the details were different, the program itself was exactly like those that I was familiar with. The hard part was figuring out how to properly get something that I'd painted animated. You know, because if I animated anything, it'd have to be watercolors.
That doesn't mean that I made anything great, but if you see it you'll be able to figure out what's on the horizon.
Gaze with horror at my 1st (well, technically 2nd) attempt at Flash.
And yes, I know it sucks. But not as bad as a (sort of) 1st try should.
-jared
Secret Trivia: That's David Carradine in a gimp suit from the film Deathrace 2000, something that I'll be reviewing in the very near future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I thought it was cute... Very nifty... I personally, hate trying to learn new crap sometimes as well...

At least you know your next one will be better...

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home