Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Pimp me some Fried Chicken, bitch.

I'm always nervous when I noticed something that seems like it has to be some sort of racially-motivated joke...but isn't. Or at least I don't think it is. While I was visiting Florida, I noticed a new restaurant had gone up a few blocks from where I used to live. My eyes focused upon it and my brain struggled to decipher the strange sigils that surrounded it. While I came to a rather peculiar conclusion, let me share the actual store front with you:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dear Lord, what am I looking at?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yes. It's a pimp selling fried chicken. How hip and urban can you get? And by that, I mean is it possible to both target and offend a racial demographic any more than this? The answer is of course yes, but that would involve a big lipped-african chicken with an afro and a nose-bone happily eating the biggest piece of watermelon you've ever seen. Either that or just changing the sign to read "Wangs & Thangs". Damn.
The Fried Chicken Pimp.
I don't know what to think of it. Maybe the terrible, stereotypical joke about black people liking fried chicken isn't offensive anymore. If that's true, it won't be long until we see Colonel Sanders get some gold fronts and some bitches....appearing on television in a Wu-Tang hoodie, letting us know where to get our "fried chicken on when we're riding dirty in the 'hood."
:shudder:
-jared
For those of you playing the home game, here's your monthly and appropriate blog flashback:
The P-Diddy McDiddy post:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home