Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Radio Sanctuary (and Illustration Friday)

I found something that I enjoy far too much but before I start rambling about it like a bad salesman, here's this week's Illustration Friday picture (on a Tuesday). The theme was "Play" and for some reason a Rubix Cube came to mind.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yes, I am aware that there aren't enough colors for that to be a real Rubix Cube.
As to the other matter, if you like free alternative radio that doesn't have any commercials by all means throw your support at Sanctuary Radio. Ever since Clear Channel Radio swallowed up every station they could find and replaced them with buckets of overly corporate audio suck, I've been looking online for a decent alternative to me listening to my playlists over and over again. Lo and behold, Sanctuary Radio bumped into me one evening and, well, all I can say is that I have trouble turning it off.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Goth scene in Germany is a little strange...the style, culture, and scene is everywhere...but the music? All I can say is that I wish there were clubs over here that played sets as good as what I hear regularly on this particular audio-based asylum.
-jared
Edit: So. Visit the site. Tell your friends. Tell your rich friends with money, because projects like this really need to be able to succeed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Aslan said...

the cube must die!!!

7:05 PM  
Blogger faeorain said...

Both illustrations are awesome. I love your dark style!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thanx for the radio tip.. you truly are the coolest! And I too love your dark style :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

chainsaw firing up now... :-)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Heartful said...

Fantastic, love the darkness of it.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Checked out Sanctuary radio this eve and I love it! Great music~ Great tip! Thanks!!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Bill Z said...

ahh...
it's nice to see a sucessful dark picture

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home