Sunday, October 01, 2006

October is Here...

My favorite month is upon us and I'm currently tweaking the site design. "Design" might be too strong a term, but I will make it easier to find stuff. Oh, and it'll be prettier. At least, I hope so. Here's the new background, unhindered:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's also my little warning that there are definitely a few links not working just yet. Needing to sleep is a bitch. Still, I'm pretty happy with the new design so far.
In other news, it turns out I won another contest, this time being held by the Digital Strip guys (http://www.digitalstrips.com/). I really dug the comic I made for it, but had't posted it because most folks won't get it. Now, even though you still won't get it, I at least have an excuse.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It makes more sense if you've been following Digital Strips for a while, obviously. But really, how often am I given an excuse to draw something like that?
-jared

6 Comments:

Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Congratulations on winning the Digital Strips contest... And I really like your new site design!

It's WAY niftier than the old one... I can tell you put a lot of work into it too.

I also like how your art crash came out... LOTS of awesome stuff!

Are you going to be doing another Halloween special?

8:44 AM  
Blogger Jared said...

How can I not do a Halloween Special?
This one will be (besides more monster/horror Art) The Demonic Toys Trilogy (including Corey Feldman), Halloween 3+the Novelization of Halloween 3, Thriller vs. The Backstreet Boys, Friday the 13th parts 5-11, and I'm still trying to decide between including A Killer Television Double feature, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, or something else.
I've also got a guest artist doing a comic summarizing the plot of one of the stranger movies. So yeah, lots of art and articles this week. And new design.
I'm manic.
And filled with glee.
And running behind schedule in regards to getting it all uploaded in time.
Check back tomorrow and you'll see.
-jared

10:11 AM  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

WOW... Updating your Halloween section EVERYDAY... That's awesomely stressful.

I'm tempted to go find Halloween 3 now... I actually read the part of the books you showed... That Jack Whats-His-Face SERIOUSLY needs to work on his writing.

It's so retardedly over-dramatic...

So what are YOU going to dress up as for Halloween?

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jared said...

No clue yet as to my own costume.

As for the stress of updating everyday, I'm not too worried. I mean, if I can do the Art Crashes, how hard can it be to throw a painting on every day and the occassional article?
:famous last words:
-jared

10:42 AM  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

You should dress up as Suicide Lad!

And, as for you monster thing, you should paint Beast Boy from FREAKED.

"Twelve milkmen is THEORETICALLY possible. Thirteen.....is SILLY."

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

draw a bong

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home