Sunday, February 26, 2006

Day 12: The Final Day (more or less)

Well, I'm almost done. I've still got some stuff to do as well as a mountain of stuff to scan, but I think in the end all will work out just fine. I don't have much to say except I feel like I could keep this up. I almost want to...like this "endless painting" thing has sort of become my routine. Thank GOD my day job only happens twice a week. But yeah...I almost WANT to keep painting. It's weird.
In the meantime, all I can say is that some of you guys suggested some very weird things for me to paint:
Image hosting by Photobucket
I don't know either.
Also, because you'll have to wait until Wednesday to find out all the details, I figured since today's the last day it wouldn't be too attention-whorish or fanboyish to give you guys a list of random celebrities (well, to me anyway) that responded to my "Hey, can I paint something for you?" email. I'm surprised who responded and who didn't. I'm also surprised how everyone seems to have their own definition of who and what a celebrity is.
The list: Olly, from Sifl & Olly (Liam, to be precise), Joe Bob Briggs (of Monstervision fame and the best movie critic out there), Josh Weinstein (the original Tom Servo from MST3k), Christopher Moore (author of Practical Demonkeeping and Lamb: The Gospel according to Biff), Kathe Koja (amazing author of Skin, an out of print book I have 5 copies of so I can share her with my friends), The Brothers Chaps (or at least one of the Brothers behind Homestar Runner), Colin Smythe (Terry Pratchett's publicity agent....No message from Terry but Colin was cool enough to suggest some stuff), Jason Yungbluth (Deep Fried cartoonist), Ryan Estrada (duh), Scott McCloud (the hippy webcomic guru who apparently started the whole 24-hour comic thing), "Mr. Skullhead" (one half of the mysterious team that introduced Kingdom of Loathing to the worldwide web), John DeChancie (author of the guilty pleasure known as the Castle Perilous series), and Kaja Foglio (Girl Genius, and one half of the whole Foglio "team".)
All those people totally rock for responding to a bizarre email from some random guy asking if they wanted to suggest something random to paint. Don't sweat it if you don't know who those people are. When I start typing up the Art Crash in detail I'll explain why each and every one of them rocks not unlike the Casbah. You've already seen some of the stuff they requested...I just haven't had enough time to write about all the paintings yet.
:runs off to do the final batch of paintings:
-jared

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaja Foglio, seriously?

Cool.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I asked Colin for a topic idea from Terry once, and he didn't even respond to my e-mail!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home