Thursday, March 09, 2006

UK Chaos

Image hosting by Photobucket
Here's the short story:
Friend A asks why I don't go to conventions. My answer is goofy and stupid. Suddenly a wad of cash gets donated to me ordering me to go to London to at least see what one looks like. I find cheap airplane tickets. I scramble and, at the last minute, find someplace to stay. Then I go to buy the tickets and the website won't take my credit card information. While I deal with that the price of the tickets goes up. Eventually I have to call someone else to order the tickets since RyanAir seems to hate me. That pretty much brings you up to date. In about 10 hours I'm going to be in London for the first time. It's also so that I can visit the UK Web (& Mini) Comic Thing on Saturday. Well, actually that's the main reason for the trip. I guess I'll be there in the crowd representing Americans.....that live in Germany....or something like that.
Should be educational, should be fun....and I'll finally find out exactly what a Quid is and if the Benny Hill music plays if you chase a girl in a bikini.
If you happen to be there, I'll be the guy in the shiny shirt wearing the "Ask me about my stupid webcomic" pin. Seriously.
-jared
Edit:
I really just have to say thank you to the people who are helping me out with this. If it wasn't for you I couldn't be making this really, really spontaneous trip. And hell, you're helping me spend very little money in the process. You guys rock.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

Dude. I'll totally be there..the UK is like a three hour drive from Michigan, right? Can't believe no one comments anymore. You're like a whore that got used to draw 300 pictures and then got dumped in a back alley somewhere. Well, except for that whole "being a whore" thing. What kind of shirt qualifies as "shiny"? Is it made of sequins? Plastic? M..etal? Most importantly, what are you going to say when people ask you about your stupid webcomic? And how will you explain the fact that you don't look like the cartoon of yourself you draw? And how are you going to speak UK..ish? And...well shit. Maybe this comment is the most awesomest comment ever. It's worth five comments. Quality over quantity, Mr. 300. Quality over quantity.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

so how was it? (to ask the most stupid question that is after someone went somewhere else)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Jared said...

I had mixed emotions about the whole thing, but it was pretty educational. Also, I got Candy!

Here's the abridged tale of my adventure:
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/ukwebthing.htm

-jared

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home