Thursday, April 27, 2006

Project Whore$: Ebay fun?

My older woman went ahead and did something strange. She whored me out on eBay.
Seriously.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7410719351&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

She's challenged me to try to treat my art as a more than a little hobby of mine. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but the eBay experiment might be worth a laugh. Hell, if you want me to paint you something it's a pretty cheap way of getting me to do it. You know, if you're into that kind of thing.
Project Whore$ will probably continue as the month goes on (for better or most likely for worse). That's my warning to you.
:sigh:

I really hate money. Still, check out the auction if you want a cheap painting. At the very least, it'll make my patron a little happier. When that happens, I don't have to sleep in The Box.
-jared

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea, Rachel! haha. :) You know, Jared...I have been requesting you to paint our family's portrait for quite some time now...GET ON IT! Don't you think it would be entertaining - afterall, we are SUCH the wholesome family...haha, yeah...that's it. btw...i can't tell you enough -- i'm so excited that you'll be here soon!!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared has a sister?

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes...Jared has a sister!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

last post on here, i promise..i'm taking up all your comment room. Sooo...I was looking at the Ebay auction. Being an auction, one person actually gets the 'whore that is so-called Jared'...so will you keep reposting this auction, or what? I say "WHORE IT UP!" and see what happens..hehe

4:14 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

I can't believe my sister actually typed "Whore it up."
To answer your question, I don't really know if I'll keep "reposting the eBay auction" or not. This is all an experiment. Though the next stage should be interesting...I'm just about done with a bunch of paintings that are meant for eBay. I'm curious to see how that goes and how I feel about that when everything is said and done.
-jared

2:31 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

If this were ending after my mid-month paycheck I would make an eBay account and bid. Also, I'm not sure if it was the wording or what, but Heather was under the impression when she first looked at the auction that it was the three paintings that you have on display that are for sale, not something totally new. I wonder if others might be thinking that?

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home