Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Superman, for the love of God, WHY?

I really need to get back to making fun of the usual stuff, but the comic book research that I've been digging through has really started to affect my brain.
Hell, I could spend forever talking about bizarre cross-promotions that Superman's been involved in. Even worse, not all of them are that old:
Image hosting by Photobucket
The funniest thing about this one is that Ali's the main hero, while Superman pretty much takes a backseat and a beating. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mr. "named after the Prophet" Ali only signed on if he got to beat Superman's ass. Because that's what he does.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Dear lord. He's doing crossovers with toys now? Also note how freaking scary He-man looks. Seriously, all he needs now is to bite the head off a live chicken and the "look" is complete.
Image hosting by Photobucket
I hate to admit it, but I actually liked this one. Although I'm not sure why the Thundercats had to fight ASIAN Superman, instead of the usual one.
And yes, these will all get reviewed sooner than I'd care to admit...but I had to share. There's even more out there that hurt me a lot. From The Punisher Vs. Archie, Transformers vs. G.I. Joe, to OMG WHAT THE HELL IS THAT to....
:sigh:
Comic books. Their geek stench is clinging to my fingers and soiling my keyboard. To make up for it, I rented a DVD of early Nuclear Scare shorts, including the infamous "Duck and Cover" film. And, to be honest, it's everything I thought it would be. More later. And by "more", I think I mean more geekiness. Possibly.
-jared
Update: Speaking of scary crossovers, did you see this week's article?

4 Comments:

Blogger Warx said...

What? No Smurfs crossover? And if I had to fight a famous black athlete, why not go all out and battle with Jackie Robinson?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

Ali was the black Superman. At least according to the song.

Also, the geek stench has pervaded your entire being by now. Like the blood on the queen's hands in Macbeth, there's no getting it off now. "Out! Out damned geek!"

8:38 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

Oh, and your link to the Punisher vs. Archie crossover is still linking to the New Warriors article. I know, I can get there by changing the number in the URL, but others might not be so hip to the coding.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

Oops. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh and tonight I'll be testing the theory that I can flush the Geek by watching nothing but Biker films.
Then again, I don't know if I want to be filled with Biker films either.
-jared

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home