Sunday, October 15, 2006

Kim Jong-il & Pulgasari

Forgive me for repeating today's update in, oddly enough, today's blog. Daily updates are still weird to me. Anyway...Illustration Friday's theme this week is "Smitten" and the whole Kim-Jong-il & his giant nuclear (I mean capitalism) monster movie Pulgasari just seemed sickly appropriate. Kim's long-lasting love for giant monster movies of mass destruction...so surreal. Today's update, for the benefit of IF:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"I do so love it when current events make me change my plans. "Pulgasari" is a film produced by North Korean's Kim Jong-il in 1985 using a director that North Korean intelligence kidnapped several years earlier from South Korea. Pulgasari is a metaphor about capitalism (which is a giant monster that at first seems great but eventually will destroy you), but when you put the modern nuclear spin on it....it works. Really well, in fact. Hunt down a copy while you still can without being put on the government blacklist."
-jared

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home