Monday, October 24, 2005

Man, I've been updating the Blog too much lately.

As such, I'm going to address two random issues and then pretend I don't have anything to share for a day or so.
Issue one: Cosplay and Candy?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I don't care if there ARE a lot of similarities. Don't taint my childhood. Please. If you don't know what I'm talking about: Good for you.
Issue Two: National Emo Day?
Recently I confessed (via Web-Catholicism) that I check my site's statistics too much. After making that confession I went cold turkey...purging such interests and web-popularity concerns (mostly) from my mortal flesh. Up until yesterday. Then I found out some fun stuff. Fun stuff such as learning out that one image that I put on the site MONTHS ago was now being hotlinked to in what seemed like a bajillion blogs and forums. The good side: Since I almost never get any feedback about the Strange Art pieces, it's nice to know a bunch of people like it. The down side: Holy crap that was a lot of bandwidth leeching. That and, by following a few of the links my Host informed me were hotlinking to the image, I found out that a few people were taking credit for the picture and one girl was even making T-shirts. So very weird. I talked to the guys taking credit (they were actually pretty apologetic) and the people making T-shirts....aren't anymore. Nice people...just didn't bother to think or something. :shrug: Live and learn, right? Oh and here's the image in question (which now includes my web-address):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It's totally weird to find out one random painting you did as a joke for someone is being passed around the internet like a bipolar girlfriend. Very weird.
On a related note: A few of you know that I hate talking about money. As such I feel pretty guilty drawing your attention to ANYTHING of material value. So, with guilt in mind, I must confess that I put the above Emo Emu on T-shirts and swag. Actually my manager did it for me, but you get the idea. In our/her/my defense, I felt it needed to be put in the store out of principle: Other people were already cashing in on it for me. Gah. Since I'm going to hell anyway, here's a link: http://www.cafepress.com/jaredvonhindman/919773. And yes, I'm aware Cafe Press is pretty evil. Sadly, with me living in the land of Europe, it's the only option.
I don't know why I feel so weird about talking about money in relation to the website. I think it has something to do with so many people approaching them like a business rather than something fun, as stuff like this should be. Yes, this website pays my bills from time to time, but that's not what it's about. I'll quit rambling on about the topic and let you get on with your day. Enjoy yousrelves and be warned: Soon I will have to re-unleash The Capitalist Pig. You were warned.
-jared
"who will one day have to get over his hatred for making money"

1 Comments:

Blogger Collin said...

Well, if someone is making money from your work, it should be you. No need for you to feel guilty.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home