Monday, February 27, 2006

The End.

Man. It's over. I'm not sure the exact hour it ended, but I've been finished for a while and I've already started scanning.
I've still got a bunch of stuff to do to get this set up in time, so the reality of not having to paint all day hasn't set in. That's not that meanful except when you sit down and realize that I've been painting for almost 2 weeks straight.
2 weeks. What the hell.
No teaser painting today because tomorrow night you should be getting about a hundred and sixty more to look at. Some good, some bad, some just bizarre. You decide which is which...I'm just happy that I can say that at least a third of them are worth being proud of. Catch you guys later, I've got to clean up my apartment and spend the next 4 hours scanning.
(Oddly enough, I'm kind of sad that this is over....like Summer Camp just ended.)
-jared
Edit: For those of you playing at home, the grand total of paintings done during the Art Crash is 308.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That'll do, soldier. That'll do.

You are the man.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

Meanful. What two weeks of drug use can do to a human mind. (Wait, didn't you do some sort of painting for a long time thing too?) Anyway. Ryan Estrada praised you, now you can die and go to heaven.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

Congratulations! (finally) Heather pointed out a couple others that she wanted, but I can't remember which ones right offhand. I'll email you again on Wednesday night and set about making the payment. You did good, real good!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. i'm proud of you. *tear*
i can't wait to see the paintings!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Congrats, big bro!!! :) I'm so excited for you - and thrilled that you had such an eye-opening and meaningful experience throughout your crazy Art Crash. ...now take those paintings to the street corner and sell them -- A LOT of them so you can make it to my wedding!!! haha. I love you!!!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go...I wish I had the time to set aside myself. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. We are. Can't wait to see the new work, including the Doom Patrol. There are quite a few paintings I find amusing and fun from the previous scanning rounds. I am eager to see what you came up with during the final days.

--Scott

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a little overdue but... YAY you made it through with your sanity. and painted a few more than expected..WOOT!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home