Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring and the Joys of Paul

Almost late is better than never. This week's Illustration theme was "Spring." While I'm pretty sure it was in reference to this time of year, my goofy comic research into terrible characters was fresh on the brain. So I feel totally lame and quite pathetic about thinking of the "Fabulous Frog-man" right away when I heard the word.
Image hosting by Photobucket
The Fabulous Frog-man (or Leap-frog) is just a guy who dresses up like a frog in a special suit with "electric leaping coils" in the shoes. In case you're dumb, "electric leaping coils" means the guy had really big lame springs on the bottom of his feet to make him jump "with the amazing power of frog." Enjoy a quick watercolor I did tonight:
Image hosting by Photobucket
It's actually bigger than my scanner, so please tolerate the croppage.
On a totally different note, it's very difficult to not explain how happy I am with how the Paul the Kid Eyeball thing worked out. All my friends are sick to death of hearing about it, so I'll just say that it brings me a criminal amount of joy and leave it at that.
...
...
...
I lied.
Image hosting by Photobucket
LOOOOOOOOOOOK, Damn You! Look at it Again, damn you!
Sorry. I'm better now. Let us not speak of Paul again.
-jared

4 Comments:

Blogger Erie's Argonaut said...

That's totally cute. You made me laugh.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

People named Adam are sweet. Oh, and I liked that one kid's story - it was kinda better than yours. How does that go? The book's always better than the movie? Why are you asking me? I look like I'd know the answer to that question? Rhetoric aside...

You should try a career in writing subversive children's literature. I think you'd be right at home. Don't ask me what I mean by that, because I don't know.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I remember writing stories like that.... xD I bet I still have some in a box somewhere.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

You should feel proud. Paul's awesome.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home