Saturday, July 09, 2005

Live Journal = Drama

You know, I try to avoid all internet dramas and Live Journals in particular. It's nothing against normal bloggers/live journal/etc people, it's just that I just have trouble reading people's diaries....diaries that are designed to be read by other people. :shrug: It's not for me.
That said I set up this bad boy as sort of a sounding board....for irregular whatever. What can I say?
Back on topic:
Before I start, I'm sure any Live Journal-User probably knows about this already, so skip to the picture at the bottom and be done with this entry.
A Lot of people out there had been keeping up with the Live Journal drama found here:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/city_glitter/844427.html .
A sad, sad story revolving around a cat being burned. Lots of people donated money, auctioned off things, sent in their paychecks...A great humanitarian response.
Then some investigative reporting done here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/foxfur/ followed by a confession here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/city_glitter/847289.html
and we find out it's a hoax. Jesus Christ is that shady. They say it's a social experiment. Wow.

So basically a cat gets burned horribly, a bunch of people help out, and later find out it was nothing but lies. I can't imagine what kind of response the next person who tries to raise money for their cat's burn treatments.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Live Journal teaches us all sorts of important life lessons. Like never trust anyone. Ever.
-jared

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home