Saturday, July 23, 2005

Stranger on a Train....

The following is a mostly accurate account of a conversation I had with a stranger that just approached me on the subway while I was doodling in my art pad. The second to last thing he said to me will be with me forever.

Weird Guy: "I like drawing"
Jared: :blink blink: ummmmm. Thanks?
WG: The best drawer was Albert Giaconetti.
J: Oh. I don't know him.
:stranger steals my pencil and writes name on paper:
WG: I met Max Hetzler today.
J: I'm afraid I don't know him either.
:stranger steals pencil and writes down name:
WG: He's very famous.
J: I'm not as cultured as I might appear.
WG: He's rich too.
J: Uh-huh. Figured.
WG: Not like me though....I'm on social welfare.
J: :saying nothing:
WG: But I have lots of money now because my mother just died.
J: :blink blink: That's.....mixed emotions I guess.
WG: I want to paint you.
J: Excuse me?
WG: I was trained in Paris by (insert long french name that he didn't steal my pencil for)...I'm very good.
J: :pause: Thanks but I'll pass. Thanks though.
WG: You have girlfriend in Berlin?
J: Ummmm. No. I have a WIFE.
WG: Ah, that is good. You have children?
J: No. Hells no.
WG: What is wrong with your wife's WOMB?
J: :has no idea what to say to that:
WG: I'm a Buddhist...I know kung fu.


I wish this was a joke but that was the conversation almost verbatim. God my life is random sometimes.
-jared

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...and I can so see your facial expressions and body language during this conversation. haha...yet somehow you still seduced him into wanting to draw you. HAHA.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't know where to post this, but I noticed the lack of comments....I don't really know how this blog thing works, but should there not be like blogrings (or whatever they are called) of people who have something in common (like the
art blogwhatever) that you can join so more people will see this blog.


I just confused myself.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home