Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Day 1: The Day I learned a lot

It has Begun!
Image hosting by Photobucket
You really don't want to know how much time I wasted just so you guys could see the efforts of my first 13 or so hours of labor. Truth be told, I think I lost about 6 hours already to trying to deal with stupid computer/WebCam problems. So the new rule is: Painting comes first. I'll find the time to post a few here in the blog but unless I really get ahead of schedule, I don't think I can afford to keep you guys completely current. (Of course is someone knows a place that I can direct my WebCam feed, the whole "live" aspect might be back in action.)
Anyway, check it out. There's also an hourly comic about to day that pretty much conveys how stressed out I've been.
-jared
Edit: Also I just need to say that "God Damn Those Ninjas" is my favorite so far. And I just to restate the fact: Until I get caught up, I'm just going to be posting my favorites here in the blog. Oh and if you were wondering who Ralph Steadman was (see the Daily Comic), he's the artist who illustrated all those Hunter S. Thompson novels.
Oh and a big thanks goes to Adam for hosting the WebCam. It's not live but it'll be taking pictures of stuff as I have stuff to take pictures of.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU FOR PAINTING LEFTY!

Regarding your comment "I totally just painted somebody's pet. Where do you get a one-eyed goldfish anyway?" --

1. Lefty is not a pet. Lefty is a MONSTER. I don't know that the photos convey it, but it's very true. You, Jared, also paint MONSTERS. It only makes sense that if I'm living with a real-life MONSTER and you need painting suggestions, I put Lefty forward.
2. The *back room* of PetSmart. Seriously. You've gotta ask the people who work there--they don't keep the freaks in the display tanks.

The art crash KICKS ASS! I can't wait to see what comes next!

Love you,
Christin

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You freakin' ROCK for painting a picture of Lefty, our one-eyed goldfish! When Christin sent me the link I couldn't believe that our Lefty has been immortalized in a painting! And a great one, at that! To see more pictures of Lefty and his new sidekick, Starboard (yes, another one-eyed fish), go here: http://lizzie9208.livejournal.com/524347.html

Thanks so much for painting a picture of him! We look forward to purchasing it, framing it, and putting it behind Lefty's tank. :-)

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home