Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Speedball and his Amazing Friends...

This illustration Friday thing is slowly but surely becoming routine. Enjoy my take on this week's topic, which was "Speed."
Image hosting by Photobucket
There's a larger image of that on the site, because painting that was far too much fun and making it blog-sized just wounds me a little.
Also you guys might have noticed I debuted the geekiest thing on the site tonight. It's so geeky it fills me with shame. Admittedly, I'm terrible when it comes to being a good nerd and embracing the suck wholeheartedly, but then again, that might be a good thing. What am I talking about?
Image hosting by Photobucket
We've got a guy named after a combination of heroine and cocaine, a couple of characters from the 1970's, a guy with the Atari logo on his face...dear God my test article for reviewing a comic book is finally up and running. Check out this week's article to understand my pain and pleasure. Oh and pay close attention to the crime-fighting cripple with the kung fu crutches and the superpowered hooker who's defeated by her own orgasm. I'm deadly serious. I have no clue what the hell Marvel was thinking.
I don't know if reviewing terrible comic books is better or worse than reviewing terrible movies, but you have to admit it's a change of pace.
Until next time, enjoy yourself.
-jared

6 Comments:

Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

You make it sound like killing people with orgasms is a bad thing. There's an up side and down side to every schwartz.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

Cheez Wiz.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just can't wait until they reform Pretty Persuations and use her to further the cause of justice and all that is good in the eyes of the prepubescent.

~Tiffany

2:02 PM  
Blogger Warx said...

Someday comic creators will run out of ideas, and suddenly a really strong dude in a blue and red suit who can fly around and shoot lasers from his eyes will become, again, entirely original and fresh.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

I don't have time to read it now, but I'll find time soon. I will say that your rendering of Leon is AWESOME. Awesome I say!

Oh, and Heather was looking at her paintings today for the first time since they arrived and she pointed out something I hadn't noticed; you don't sign your work. Or at least you didn't sign those.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

my. god.i really have to get these issues :)

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home