Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What goes down stairs, alone or in pairs?

Just to tease you a bit because me updating the site is looking like a gift to be opened on Christmas day on this end, allow me to share an early Christmas gift that's been bringing me joy.

Photobucket

His name is Slinky, he eats fish, and when he's tired of playing with you, he defecates. Fortunately most of my friends do the same thing, so I'm used to it by now. He's your common variety garter snake that, weirdly enough, counts as an exotic pet because I live in Germany. Go figure.
In related news, he's already shed his skin and it's found a way onto a canvas. I don't know if I should be proud of making art out of dead parts of my pet. Somehow it seems....wrong.

Enjoy your Holiday guys and come back just a tad later for some update, news, and Xmas (and Halloween...sigh) horror.
-Jared


Edit: And yes, a "Tad Later" is a precise form of measurement. You just don't know how it relates to minutes or hours. I'm living in Metric time, bitches!

9 Comments:

Blogger Bookgal said...

I love these little guys! I had a Gater snake as a kid and I adored him.

Mine was Earl Stanley Garter. :) My dad named him, but I didn't get the joke till much later.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Dr Neo Lao said...

Aww... so cute!

An anaconda would be cooler, but I suppose the whole "horribly expensive" and "eating local pets" make them slightly less desirable as a pet.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Hawk said...

A 'tad later' on your planet seems to be a lot longer than on mine....

3:58 AM  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

WTF. "Metric Time"???

And it's not weird to make art (or, whatever) out of snake skin...

I used to collect them and had plans of framing them. (I ended up moving though and they didn't survive. :-[ )

10:46 AM  
Blogger cynsanity said...

Cute little bugger, that Slinky. I love snakes.

So... a "tad later" means "somewhen in 2009"? :(

11:03 AM  
Blogger Dr Neo Lao said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Dr Neo Lao said...

Yeah, metric time is cool!

A hundred seconds in a minute, a hundred minutes in an hour and a hundred hours in a day.

It's a beautiful system that is both elegant and simple to use. I don't know why everyone isn't using it.

Oh, just remember to mark your seconds in Plank time and use base 13 or it won't fit.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

Oh dear Lord, I've got too much Eggnog in me to be writing about movie villains without genitals. Gah.

:shudder:

2:44 PM  
Blogger Lady Attercop said...

Eggnog? Movie villains? Genitals? My interest is piqued.

(Oh, and Slinky is adorable. I have to ask, that's not a Muppets reference, is it?)

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home