Monday, June 08, 2009

Evil Genius Rejection #2:

Photobucket

Just for those in the know, I got my 2nd official rejection email for my card game Evil Genius. Not a big deal, but it amuses me so much that one big company told me the game was too complicated and now another big company tells the game was too simple.
Which is just. Freaking. Hilarious.
:groan:
I'm happy to have people interested enough to playtest the damn thing and hey, they're giving me constructive criticism. It's just criticism that explodes when it comes into contact with the other criticism.
Wish me luck...the tie-breaking playtest with a 3rd company is tomorrow night.
-Jared
"not bitter about rejection, just super amused"

Edit: And thank you to each of you that have playtested it over the past few years with me both in Germany and in the Colonies. Yes: I will have a copy with me when I visit everyone. So if you've already played it and want to see how your feedback got assimilated, you'll have that chance.

Edit EDIT:
Playtest 3 with a Gaming company went well...though now they want to see some of the cards in full color. Which is awesome. But presents new, exciting problems. Not "problems" per say, but forces my hand on some color scheme issues I was dragging my feet concerning.
These are, admittedly, good problems to have. Yay.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ryan said...

how unfortunate oh well good luck
with everything

8:47 PM  
Blogger Bookgal said...

That stinks. I will be one of the first to buy when it goes public. It sounds like something right up my ally.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

Man, be sure you bring that to Gencon!

Also, email me back about when you're arriving! I need to know you'll be there to suggest you as a participant in DD&D!

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home