Sunday, May 07, 2006

Oh God the Rats and eBay...

Two interesting facts to share today:
1. For the first time ever, I'm sharing my flat with two rats. A friend went out of town and asked me to babysit them. They're very cute and playful...when they're in their cage. Outside of their cage they're these tiny furry monsters that incessantly poop on me whenever they get the chance. When they're not relieving themselves on me, they're drawing blood with their knife-like claws. Today I had to clean out their cage. This was more challenging than you'd think, mainly because since I don't have pets regularly I don't have another cage to put them in while I'm cleaning their original cage. I can't hold them while I'm cleaning, mostly because I know they would:
a) poop on me
b) cut my flesh
c) escape
d) all of the above.
In all honestly, "D" seemed the most likely. So I had to improvise a solution:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
No, I did NOT run the washing machine while they were in there. It was that or the microwave. Somehow the washing machine struck me as the safer bet. Jim, if you read this, know that your rats are fine. They were in their for a few minutes, tops. I swear. Really I do.
On to other news:

2. eBay.
I officially put up "I'm an eBay Whore" series 1 on eBay today. Well, I didn't do it but my manager/older woman says it'd be smarter to say that I did it instead of her. Basically it's just a continuation of last week's experiment, only with paintings of things people might actually search for on eBay. Maybe. I actually put some time and energy into these so, with one exception, I'm pretty happy with them. Funnily enough, the one that I hate is currently the only one that's already been bid on. So if you want a slightly oversized acrylic/watercolor painting on professional watercolor paper (a rarity for me, really) check them out. I plan on doing a few "I'm an eBay Whore" series regularly (that is if they actually sell). This one contains paintings of (brace yourself): Rainbow Bright, Gargamel w/ Smurf, Ghost Rider, Spiderman, a Snork, and Gamera. I'd feel dirty if I wasn't actually happy with how most of them came out.
Check it out, if eBay is your thing:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdivaraeQQhtZ-1
-jared
"eBay whore"

4 Comments:

Blogger Collin said...

Poor rats.

Why do some of them have a starting bid of $14.99 and others start at $19.99?

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

The rats love it.

And some of the paintings are priced lower than the other because I don't love them as much. My pricing system is, admittedly, flawed.
-jared

3:42 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

Re: Your Zebraman post. In the comparative examples you gave – a movie where a guy in his forties dresses up like Optimus Prime and ends up getting the chance to become a real-life transformer, etc. – it made me think of the obsessed sports fan. The one who has followed a team for his whole life, collects everything that features them and wishes he could get one chance on the filed with them. There's not much difference that I can see.

And here's a link that you might want to add for anyone wanting to get the film on DVD: http://www.sundevildvd.com/store/product.php?productid=17210&cat=0&page=1

I've ordered from them before using their free shipping and it arrived within a few days. Good place. I'll probably give Zebraman a shot the next time I place an order with them.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see that weirdness is alive and well. I have been weird for 66 years. The head injury never healed - boy am I a lucky guy!

P.S I am a former Ebay whore. Good luck!

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home