Saturday, January 27, 2007

Miniature Mayhem, updated...

Since it's been a couple weeks, here's the update:
I've bought the domain name Miniature-Mayhem.com. I'll be posting the entire game there fairly soon because I realize that a game that's about being cheap as hell needs to be free to download. We figured this was the best thing because, while it would be cool to get it professionally published, our conversations with those in the gaming industry are best paraphrased as "What kind of retarded company would make a game that didn't require people to spend money?" I paraphrase, but not much. So free and constantly-updating rules will be available online as well as advice/rants that will border on the super-geeky. Expect it soon.

On a similar topic, two weeks after I announced Miniature Mayhem, another webcomic started a plot line that has a bit in common with it.
http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp01212007.shtml
Well, not really but one reader forwarded this to me in the spirit of OMG HE MUST READ YOUR BLOG. While I know that's not true, it's fun to see other people reinforce the idea that a game that requires people to not spend money is a damn good idea. Miniature-Mayhem.com will be coming far too soon. Illustrated and very, very geeky.
-jared

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Let me know if there's anything you'd like a hand with on this site/venture/insanity. :)

2:25 AM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

I agree with the OMG comment. And definitely the mind control squid plan, because I think you might already have loose morals.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

When the game comes out, I get to be the baby jesus miniature...

9:49 AM  
Blogger Jared said...

I am so bitter about not finding a proper Jesus miniature yet. So. Very. Bitter.
Hell, I already have a battle plan entitled "Nativity of Destruction". :sigh:
-jared

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home