Saturday, December 10, 2005

Never Bleed for your Art. Really.

A long, long time ago I posted the below comic. Some people liked it, others had a rather....er....odd criticism in regard to one part of the image.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some people were offended that I was trying to pass that off as blood spatter. As morbid as I get with some of this stuff, I would never cut myself for my art. Taking that a step further, I'm not really into the whole "releasing stress and tension by cutting myself with a knife and/or razor" scene. Everyone who does it has a different explanation for it but I just like my pretty skin too much to try it out.
Of course, back in October I cut myself pretty badly with a scapel while etching designs into dried acrylic. Purely by accident, I swear. Really. The problem is that when you're sleep deprived and suddenly your entire work station is covered in a red fluid that's supposed to be inside your body, you get weird ideas. Blood loss might have had something to do with it. So after bandaging myself up, I threw this together:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'm not a psycho...and I didn't even know if I should post this. But my friends got a kick out of it, though I think they were more amused at how hard I tried to prove that I didn't sit down to paint a picture of Kurt Vonnegut in my own blood. I may be weird, but I'm not that weird.
-jared
"who hopes that he never has the chance to paint in blood again"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blood of the innocent makes great paint.

Eek.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

i thought blood was supposed to turn brown after a while. huh.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

Yeah, me too.
Not that I want to go into too much detail about this because it still sort of freaks me out, but the thing was really, really red when it was still wet. Then it dried to more or less what you see here. I tweaked the contrast a bit for clarity but yeah....it's still pretty red.
Learn something new ever day I guess. Though I'm not sure how useful this information is.
Ick.
-jared

8:18 PM  
Blogger Collin said...

Um. Hmmm.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home