Sunday, May 21, 2006

Wikipedia? The Hell?

I just got an email telling me that I show up in Wikipedia now. I don't expect it to the last through the week, but I'm flattered. Except for that whole "he's in Texas married to Cher" bit.
Check it out. It's very short and lame (and wrong), but it's still there.
-jared
(The correct answers are Berlin, Germany and Rachel, but whatever. It's still amusing in its own weird little way.)
Edit:
Well, I figured it out, sorta. Seems that I've got the same name as another Jared Hindman who happens to live in Irving Texas....and who likes to edit Wikipedia. This is exactly why I sign things Jared von Hindman whenever I can. There are more Jared Hindmans out there than you'd think.
Visit his Myspace and give him some love. I mean, if you're into that sort of thing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just took care of that wiki article for you spanky.

M@

4:41 AM  
Blogger Jared said...

Everything I'd have to say about Wikipedia has already been said. Still, this comes to mind:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/12/16

On topic, I was sort of hoping it was the OTHER Jared Hindman, the one who's a Death Metal guitarist. He just sounded badass somehow.
On the other end of the spectrum, Bishop Jared Hindman (the martyr) ended up being blessed by The Pope in 1886. Go figure.
-jared (this one)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Collin said...

Look at that. He's in a band. Sure it's a marching band, but you have to start somewhere. If he sticks to it, it'll be tossed panties, drugs by the fistfull and groupies in the back of the bus before he knows it.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home