Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Art Crash, coming soon.

Just wanted to drop an early warning that next week I'll be starting another Art Crash. This one will be called Art Crash: Noir and it should end with a couple hundred black and white ink pieces being brought into the world.
If you don't know what an Art Crash is, you've got some research to do. I'd suggest looking here:
here:
and here:
More info soon. Feel free to email me your suggestions if you can't want for my official "please suggest stuff" post. I'm not going to emailing celebrities as I did last time, mostly because I don't want to always harass the nice people who are kind enough to respond to some crazy painter. Some people, like American McGee were great about it...but I wouldnt' dare try to approach them again on the topic. On the plus side, this means I'll be painting more of your suggestions.
-jared
Edit: On a spooky note, I'm thinking of trying to keep the marathon going even longer than the 300 hour one. That frightens me and excites me at the same time. No promises, but the idea is getting more and more inviting all the time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scarecrobot said...

"Noir" is great theme... I picture a lot of B&W with morbidly romantic scenes... I look forward to that.

(*Here's a craptacular movie for you... "THE BACKWOODS." If you haven't seen it already, it will make you cry... There's an evil tree spirit named MANGINA...*)

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

suggestion:
steel-toed black boots.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared.
i haven't been visiting the site regularly...but seriously another art crash. is this the only way you can motivate yourself to paint? or are you just really bored? either way. if you ever want to get rid of paintings piling up...i'll send you money to ship them here, cuz that's all i'll be able to dig out of the couch and the winter jackets in the closet. sadly i'm about as broke as you are or maybe more so. but i love your work. canada loves jared von hindman! i'll have suggestions in the next week or so.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

Scarecrow: Damn it, I can't find a copy of The Backwoods anywhere. This makes me very sad because while Mangina is a great name for a killer tree monster, I'm already reviewing "From Hell it came" a film about a killer tree monster in Hawaii name Tabonga. It's no manGINA but still.
Kaley:
Motivation has something to do with it. And I can afford to dedicate myself to a weird project more often than some people can. I'm never ever bored, which sort of explains why so much random crap gets puked up onto the site regularly. If I was a normal person I'd sit down and focus on something (like a narrative for instance) and make progress. :shrug:
Still, it's a living.
-jared

3:46 AM  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

If you see it, don't get cinfused with the one Gary Oldman stars in... Mine has an over-weight psychotic retard as a killer...

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home