Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Sidestep

I'm in the middle of painting what feels like a bajillion paintings based off the costumes you people have sent me....so I thought I'd bring up something totally different on the Blog.

Due to the interests in the D&D Article I did about 8 months ago (http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article73.htm) I got the entire run of Dragon Magazine and decided to skim through it for more moronic monsters. I found Death Pillows and Deadly Linens in the first one I opened, so trust me when I say it's going well. I also found an article on how Orgies and Prostitution fits into a D&D campaign. Since this article was written in the 1970's you'll find it to be...interestingly full of social acceptance of mass orgies. And somehow this idea combines with D&D to create some sort of Naked-Mom-dressed-up-as-Megaman-with-a-whip-and-a-phallic-puppet-
chasing-after-you-style nightmare that cannot be evaded.

And still, I find more. Can you tell what the theme of this image is?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
If you said "Magical Groin Injuries" you are most certainly correct.
-jared

PS: I went as an Evil Brain for Halloween this year. And I glowed. Pictures up soon.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, sex has been a topic people have been trying to fit into D&D from day 1. If you're interested in the latest exploration, it's a semi-official rulebook called the Book of Erotic Fantasy.

Also, if you've checked out Phil Foglio's What's New strip at the back of the early Dragons, you'll see that one of the early running gags was the way Phil and Dixie kept trying to do a strip on "The role of sex in D&D" only to get cockblocked every time. Of course when Phil started publishing his What's New collections, he decided that at the end of the second collected volume, he'd do an actual Sex and D&D strip, using his wife's memories of how her gaming groups handled the subject as the final punchline.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thought was "Is the ghost appearing BECAUSE that guy's electro-peeing on the sarcophogus, or is that how the guy's telling the ghost how little he fears it?"

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


Happy birthday!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are the comics? every week, I hold my breath for them and they haven't been comming. I'm not sure but I think I'm dead now.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's official. Jared's dead.

9:42 PM  
Blogger cynsanity said...

He can't be dead, he would have painted something funny on his deathbed.

Jared... your fans are waiting - waiting in tears!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, so movie review aside (I enjoyed them btw.) I have to note your D&D non playing but referencing.
Which brings me to an interesting book you may want to check out.
Nympoligy.
Yes, a D&D book with spells, classes, and characters revolving around... well ...Nympology. (Aka sex fiends.)
Just something I decided to toss you after seeing the magic crouch attacks.
Although I'm not to sure you would care.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous نقشه برداري يو تي ام said...

نقشه برداري يو تي ام

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home