Saturday, May 23, 2009

Selling my Soul....(and you're buying)

Photobucket
For some....ahem..."unknown reason", I've sold a bunch of paintings lately. Hell, I've sold more paintings in the past 4 days than I have in the past 6 months. You guys are awesome. That said, I've learned quite a bit lately and, well, found that actually posting a general price solves a lot of the drama and helps me overcome my fear of money. In other words I don't have to be afraid and dread talking to people who want to buy paintings. Hell, I think I still have a bunch of emails in my in-box from folks trying to buy stuff from months back and...if you're one of those people, my apologies for the disorganization. I'm terrible at the business end of this but I'm working on fixing that. Finally.

So why bring it up now?

...Because I finally updated my "You want to spend money" page. I still hate talking about money, but for the first time in 5 years there are concrete prices plus actually rules for getting a commission from me.

Check it out if that's your thing. Click HERE.
-Jared

PS: I will be going to GenCon this year. You guys are just THAT awesome. More on that later, but if you'll be there, let me know. We'll hang out and kill goblins.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr Neo Lao said...

Good to see you're getting the money side sorted out.

Query: is the money pig meant to be linked to something? It's a clickable item on the page, but does not go anywhere. I figured it might be a quick link to your Paypal account so that people could just make donations.

Also, it'd probably be a good idea to stick a national currency symbol on the figures you wrote. Or just the first one, so people know where you are coming from.

After all, I could pay with $100 Australian, and you'd get a lot less if you were expecting $100 US...

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh crap. The Money Pig was my old Paypal Donation link....didn't notice that the reformatting of the page. Thanks for the catch.

As for the currency...good idea. Even though I'm living with Euros, I sort of assume the world thinks in Dollars. Man, I am a filthy American at heart.
:shame:
I'll get to fixing that.
-Jared

6:58 AM  
Blogger AMW said...

Whoa, GenCon in Indiana? Might you be flying into Chicago? Even if not, I'd consider driving down from here to see you and to personally thank you for the art and stuff (preferably over the beverage of your choice).

-Anne Marie/fc

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home