Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Urinal Fun in Amsterdam...

Sorry for the silent running there. After finishing the Art Crash I had to scramble to get everything in order for my trip to America that happened on the 1st this month. I've finally gotten everything straightened out and am just now dealing with that which has been neglected. I'll give more details as to what I'm doing on this continent a bit later, but in the meantime enjoy a random observation. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this on the Blog before...so If I'm repeating something I said a year ago, accept my apologies in advance. I've been wanting to share this for a while and haven't gotten around to it (as far as I know).
I think this is really only for the guys out there, as the concept of a urinal is ultimately just a fancy name for "a sink that us fellows are allowed to pee in" to most women. Bathrooms with urinals have always brought up unpleasant questions with me. I mean, how hard is it to pee in a straight line? Why is every men's room thoroughly saturated as if a blind man with a bladder full of Gatorade went to town there? Obviously progressive bathroom designers are keeping this trend in mind, particularly with these new urinals that I saw in the Amsterdam Airport.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That doesn't look that different from a normal urinal, does it? Look closer:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's not a fly in the urinal....it's a picture of a fly. Holy Crap, they've not only given you a bullseye to aim for when you're draining the lizard but you actually can pretend you're drowning an insect with your wiss while you do it.
This might not amuse anyone else, but I've been wanting to share that for a while. There are urinals like that all over Europe. That's not to say that European bathrooms are cleaner than American bathrooms...it just means that Europeans have more fun when using a urinal. I think that's what it means.
-jared

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam Holwerda said...

Maybe it's the urinal company's logo somehow. I've peed on Elvis, spray painted images of Bush, Bin Laden, and a plethora of other political and other figures. The weirdest had to have been the image of Big Bird I doused at a Denny's in Minnesota.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It began at an airport where the janitors found that one toilet always was much, much cleaner than the rest. They noticed that a fly had been trapped during fabrication of the bowl, giving guys something to aim at. Then the story got out, and someone apparently decided to make money out of it. At least that's the modern myth about it.

Hey, you can even buy stickers now to put a target in your toilet. *lol*

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that during the World Cup, they were going to put miniature soccer balls for guys to aim at.
...makes sense.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home